- Pregnant in America - A documentary about the medicalization of childbirth. This film mostly follows one couple's journey. On Netflix Instant.
- Orgasm, Inc - A documentary about the myth of "female sexual dysfunction" and how the pharmaceutical industry is taking advantage of women. On Netflix Instant.
- The Education of Shelby Knox - A documentary following a teenage girl in Texas, who advocates for comprehensive sex education. This documentary looks at the abstinence-based education taught in public schools and compares it with the high teen pregnancy and STI rates. On Netflix Instant.
- The Business of Being Born - Another documentary about the medicalization of childbirth. This film follows multiple couples and a midwife while she is attending home births. Available on the website and on Netflix Instant.
- The Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity - A book by Julia Serano
- Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity - An anthology edited by Mattilda aka Matt Bernstein Sycamore
- Yes Means Yes!: Visions of Female Sexual Power and A World Without Rape - An anthology edited by Jaclyn Freidman and Jessica Valenti
- The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women - A book by Jessica Valenti
- Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters - A book by Jessica Valenti
- He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know - A book by Jessica Valenti
- How to Survive a Plague - An incredibly moving documentary about the work and struggles of the AIDS activist coalitions ACT UP and TAG during the AIDS crisis in the 80s and 90s. On Netflix Instant.
- Miss Representation - A documentary that points out how the objectifying and unfavorable ways women are portrayed in the media influence the how women are perceived by others and themselves. These negative perceptions make it more difficult for women to attain leadership positions.
Here is a working list of some sexuality-related documentaries and books that I have seen and read. Most of the documentaries will be accessible through Netflix. Enjoy!